Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Psalm 46:10

"Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

How many of you have heard people, pastors, mentors, leaders and so forth say this?  What mind frame does it leaves you in? We all have a different conception to what God is saying in this scripture and we all obey it differently.  It has not been clear to me the right or wrong way to be obedient to this command from God.  I'll share my perception of it and hopefully you ladies will feel comfortable sharing yours.

When I read and heard this scripture at first I was like, hmmmm I don't get it, but now that I have grown some in the spirit, its becoming a little clearer to me.  When I have prayed to God in the past about certain things, he always whispers in my ear "be still and know that I am God", and I would get a little frustrated because I didn't know what it meant.  Now when I look back on what I was praying about, now I get why He gave me that response.  

From what I have learned being still is fully trusting God for the best solution to the problem. It all ties in with your faith in Him to do a miraculous act and to know and believe in your heart that God doesn't make any mistakes.  There are a lot of situations in life that require us to be still and to just look forward to the outcome of the situation. Now am I saying that it's easy, no, but as you grow spiritually it comes easily.  I know that He is God and that He will never fail me nor lead me wrong but I'm not perfect I grow a little weary sometimes.  

As God continues to show Himself over and over again, soon my faith will be unshakeable, just imagine having that unshakeable faith.  Anything that the devil tries to throw at you will not reach.  Some Christians have it and some are working to get it, I tell my best friend all the time, "I'm a work in God's process", ha ha it's true.  Take care everyone and get in your word and if there is something you don't understand, study and study until you get an understanding that is satisfying to your soul.  Be blessed and pass along an encouraging word. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment